Friday, September 08, 2006

mend this broken heart


For now i think it is time to dwell,
dwell upon what was good, right and true.
Dwell upon everything i thought was forever,
but turned out to be for now.
My mind needs to understand,
understand everything you promised,
was wrong- a lie,
no that would be too harsh.
Your bitter sweet words,
that once lit my world,
crushed every hope and desire i had for us.
Everytime I think upon everything i thought was good,
all i do is cry-
and wish that everything had stayed the way it was,
before my first heart break.
Dwelling hasn't become easier,
now its the bitter sweet feelng
of either hope or understanding.
Hope- something each morning promises me.
Understanding- allows me to utter sweet words in your direction.
Will this broken heart ever heal?
Will this broken heart feel as it once did?
Can I ever truly dwell on what i thought was pure,
good and wonderful?
Only time,
time that will give me distance and everything i hope for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home